October 22, 2012

Tile "Rug" Installed in Hardwood Floor



Tile “Rug” Installed in Hardwood Floor

Install where there’ll be a lot of wear and tear

Tile "Rug"

Before we built our home, my friend Colleen showed me her home that she had built recently.  One of my favorite things was her tile “rug” at the landing of her basement staircase – a high-traffic area that was going to get a lot of wear and tear.
Tile is much more durable than hardwood.  At my previous home, the main reason we had to refinish our hardwood floors was because the kitchen bar stools scratched them terribly – even though I had installed the pads on the bottoms of the legs.

My builder said it was no problem for his people to install some tile rugs.  The most wonderful place to put a tile rug is under an island overhang – where the bar stools are located.  Keep in mind that the installer has to be good at his/her math – because the hardwoods are installed first.  The end result is that the hardwoods and the tile are level; it’s a smooth transition. My builder did a hardwood frame around the tile rug.
Tile "Rug"

We attempted to make our new home low maintenance and this is one of the smartest things we did.  Thank you, Colleen!

... and that's my 2 cents' worth,   Cheryl

To be notified when I've made a new post to my blog, "like" my Facebook Page by clicking this link and then clicking the "Like" button:   http://www.facebook.com/Cheryls2CentsWorth

Home page of my blog:  http://www.Cheryls2CentsWorth.blogspot.com  

1 comment:

  1. Very good written article. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing – can’r wait to read more posts.laminate flooring Markham

    ReplyDelete